[Moo] overText firefox

Chad Meyers
I am using overText for a form.  Everything works great in every browser except Firefox (22) in both Mac and Windows.

This is a live site, so please don't go submitting the form, my client will get it.

don't enter anything, just click submit - when all the errors appear, the over text does not slide down.  The table rows (tr) are what I have position: relative so the over text will follow.  It does in every browser but Firefox.  Any suggestions?

Re: [Moo] overText firefox

Barry van Oudtshoorn
Do you really need to use OverText? Why not simply use the "placeholder"
attribute? It's got great support
(http://caniuse.com/#feat=input-placeholder), and you could use
Modernizr to detect support and use OverText as a shim in browsers that
don't support it (IE<=9).

On 07/08/13 07:35, Chad Meyers wrote:

> I am using overText for a form.  Everything works great in every
> browser except Firefox (22) in both Mac and Windows.
>
> This is a live site, so please don't go submitting the form, my client
> will get it.

> top right corner to pull up the form. (in an iFrame cerabox)
>
> don't enter anything, just click submit - when all the errors appear,
> the over text does not slide down.  The table rows (tr) are what I
> have position: relative so the over text will follow.  It does in
> every browser but Firefox.  Any suggestions?
> --
>
> ---

Barry van Oudtshoorn
www.barryvan.com.au