[Moo] code optimization help

Chad Meyers
Good Day,

I am using the Ryan Florance SlideShow and it works great, but, the slide show consists of large photos, and they are increasing in number.  My concern is the long page load times.  I think a simple solution would be a lazy load type setup.  I am not sure how to do it though. . . any thoughts - the page is here http://www.idoweddingsaway.ca/realWeddings.php

[Moo] Re: code optimization help

Kevin McGee [ CSSian ]
Hi Chad,

Did you look at the FORGE section of the mootools site?  I searched there on your behalf using "lazy" as a search term.
There are at least 3 projects about lazy-loading, and LazyLoader has almost 21k downloads.

Disclaimer; I didn't write any of them and I haven't used any of them, but its at least a place to start, either using the code or reading it.

HTH

Kevin M.

On Friday, June 7, 2013 5:49:23 AM UTC-7, Chad Meyers wrote:
Good Day,

I am using the Ryan Florance SlideShow and it works great, but, the slide show consists of large photos, and they are increasing in number.  My concern is the long page load times.  I think a simple solution would be a lazy load type setup.  I am not sure how to do it though. . . any thoughts - the page is here http://www.idoweddingsaway.ca/realWeddings.php

[Moo] Re: code optimization help

Rolf Langenhuijzen
Hi Chad,

I once build an image preloader for SlideShow, perhaps I can dig it up and see what the current status is (how it performs with the current MooTools). If I remember correctly I made queue loader and when you wanted to go to the next slide it would load the big image..

I'l report back asap.