[Moo] Why are there no demos in the MooTools site anymore?

[Moo] Why are there no demos in the MooTools site anymore?

dukeofgaming
Hi,

MooTools taught me how to treat Javascript as a language instead of just "writing a quick script to solve my problem", and I remember the demos site capturing my imagination and actually inspiring me to go forward with my first big professional commercial project several years ago, however, as much as I like the new site is it a little bit disappointing not to be able to find that part of the site of the stuff the framework can do (and that also serves as reference documentation material)

I think a good demo of what can be done with MooTools could actually drive more people to use the framework and thus growing the community, strengthening the project.

Is adding a demo section to the site something being planned?, if not, is it something the community could help with?. Conversely, maybe the documentation could have some live examples?

Cheers,

David

[Moo] Re: Why are there no demos in the MooTools site anymore?

Sérgio Crisóstomo
Hi David!

Community help is really welcome, there is always things needing polish :)

About the Demos they are actually ready and just needing review to go online.
https://github.com/mootools/website/pull/201 so I suppose in some hours the demos are back.

Having more demos or running examples in the docs would be great, agree with you.
Maybe a first step would be to add more usefull demos here: https://github.com/mootools/mootools-demos if something is missing.

All the best for 2015!
Cheers,
Sérgio