[Moo] Tweening box shadow

kangarolf
Hi all,

I want to bring focus to an element by pulsing its box shadow properties, tweening in a box shadow then out again repeatedly.

Ive tried a few things using FX and FX.Tween but I cant seem to get any response when trying to use the box-shadow CSS property.

Can anyone help out..?

Rolf

Re: [Moo] Tweening box shadow

Sanford Whiteman
> Ive tried a few things using FX and FX.Tween but I cant seem to get
> any response when trying to use the box-shadow CSS property.

I think your problem is alluded to here:

  http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3012899/box-shadow-is-there-a-box-shadow-color

There is no separate property for each of the box-shadow components
(even though you'd expect there to be as with border). Therefore when
you pass, say box-shadow-color into to the CSS parser, the tweening is
applied but nothing happens. If you pass the full box-shadow into the
parser, it doesn't see an RGB from/to to tween.

-- Sandy

Re: [Moo] Tweening box shadow

Dimitar Christoff
look at valerio's moo.fx, darren did some fancy examples. also at least 2 plugins on the forge for this on extending fx to support css3 props (one by thiery bela if memory serves) and a few articles, some of which are 3 yrs old on it also. as well as stackoverflow answers iirc.

it's not hard but it's not out of the box. :)

On Tuesday, May 28, 2013, Sanford Whiteman wrote:
> Ive tried a few things using FX and FX.Tween but I cant seem to get
> any response when trying to use the box-shadow CSS property.

I think your problem is alluded to here:

  http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3012899/box-shadow-is-there-a-box-shadow-color

There is no separate property for each of the box-shadow components
(even though you'd expect there to be as with border). Therefore when
you pass, say box-shadow-color into to the CSS parser, the tweening is
applied but nothing happens. If you pass the full box-shadow into the
parser, it doesn't see an RGB from/to to tween.

-- Sandy

Dimitar Christoff

"JavaScript is to JAVA what hamster is to ham"
@D_mitar - https://github.com/DimitarChristoff