[Moo] Restricted keywords in XHR request?

[Moo] Restricted keywords in XHR request?

Bryan Garaventa
Hi,
I came across a weird bug I think, and was wondering if it can be reproduced.

I have an XHR request that points to a url such as "pages/banner.htm", and it fails every time in Firefox on Win XP Pro.

The page is there, and it works fine in IE8.

If I change the pointer to "pages/bannr.htm" as the url in the XHR request, and change the file name on the server to bannr.htm, then it suddenly starts working in Firefox too.

Then if I change it back to banner.htm, it stops working again.

Can this be reproduced?

Re: [Moo] Restricted keywords in XHR request?

Marc Schmidt
Have you tried to (really) clear all caches (and restart probably firefox)?

I had something equal too, but got it fixed with a restart of the whole system.

On 08.10.2013, at 22:57, "Bryan Garaventa" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,
I came across a weird bug I think, and was wondering if it can be reproduced.

I have an XHR request that points to a url such as "pages/banner.htm", and it fails every time in Firefox on Win XP Pro.

The page is there, and it works fine in IE8.

If I change the pointer to "pages/bannr.htm" as the url in the XHR request, and change the file name on the server to bannr.htm, then it suddenly starts working in Firefox too.

Then if I change it back to banner.htm, it stops working again.

Can this be reproduced?

Re: [Moo] Restricted keywords in XHR request?

Arian Stolwijk-2
Sounds like some caching. Try to hard-refresh/disable cache.
If the problem persists, we'd need some reproducible examples, otherwise we can only guess.

On Tue, Oct 8, 2013 at 10:57 PM, Bryan Garaventa <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,
I came across a weird bug I think, and was wondering if it can be reproduced.

I have an XHR request that points to a url such as "pages/banner.htm", and it fails every time in Firefox on Win XP Pro.

The page is there, and it works fine in IE8.

If I change the pointer to "pages/bannr.htm" as the url in the XHR request, and change the file name on the server to bannr.htm, then it suddenly starts working in Firefox too.

Then if I change it back to banner.htm, it stops working again.

Can this be reproduced?

Re: [Moo] Restricted keywords in XHR request?

Bryan Garaventa
Arg, I have Ad Block Plus installed, I hadn't even thought of that. Thanks.