Quantcast

[Moo] MooTools. One. Point. Five.

nutron
The blog post really says it all:

But what it doesn't say, the thing we typically don't highlight on the blog, is who we owe our thanks to. Here's the top of the commit count:

Core:
Arian Stolwijk (68)
Tim Wienk (50)
Olmo Maldonado (44)
Sergio Crisostomo (25)
Garrick Cheung (17)

More:
SergioCrisostomo (65)
Arian Stolwijk (52)
kentaromiura (16) (aka Cristian Carlesso)
Aaron Newton (13)
Tim Wienk (11)

In short, Arian, Tim, Olmo, Sergio, and Cristian really carried the day here. The blog post doesn't really capture how much work went in to making this perhaps the most thoroughly tested release we've ever done, nor the fact that, now that the tests run against every pull request (thanks to Travis CI and SauceLabs) it makes it way easier for us to get back on top of all the incoming changes and fixes from everyone in the community.

Speaking of changes from the community, the number of individual contributors were 44 for Core and 27 for More!

MooTools 1.5 is a huge milestone for the framework which, in many ways, has found a tremendous amount of new life in 2014. We're going to be spending our energy through the rest of the year on engaging you - the community, the users who love MooTools - in helping us keep it moving forward.

Stay tuned!

[Moo] Re: MooTools. One. Point. Five.

Sérgio Crisóstomo
++

Congrats everyone!

Re: [Moo] MooTools. One. Point. Five.

utan
Oh god thanks for this...

[Moo] Re: MooTools. One. Point. Five.

fixluja
Hi, I've been using MooTools and following this list for a long time. Now it is time to come out of hiding and say thank you: THANK YOU!

[Moo] Re: MooTools. One. Point. Five.

dukeofgaming
Very happy to see this, accompanied by the website refresh.

So, I'm not complaining at all (I'd rather see MooTools 1.5 take off than a "forked" project), but, what does it mean for prime though?, prime seems quite a bit out of date, is it an abandoned experiment?

Just trying to grasp a better understanding of what will be coming for the future.

On Monday, May 19, 2014 6:28:22 PM UTC-4, Nutron wrote:
[...]

The new website being released turned our focus back to the code again.

I cannot speak for Prime, but Core will be iterating to 1.5.2 soon and after that we are going for 1.6 which has very ideas tagged to its milestone. in the github issues.
If someone wants to give a hand, its really appreciated.

Cheers,
Sérgio