[Moo] Bad value for attribute rel

Luke Douglas
I have fine-tuned a site and I have 2 Errors for HTML5 validation.

Error Line 734, Column 190: Bad value {handler: 'iframe',size: {x: 480,
: 140}} for attribute rel on element a: The string {handler: is not a
registered keyword
.

Error

Line 734, Column 370: Bad value {handler: 'iframe',size: {x: 480, y:
140}} for attribute rel on element a: The string {handler: is not a
registered keyword
.

The developers at Hikashop indicated that the issue was with Mootools which is part of Joomla.  So I downloaded Mootools Enabler/Disabler and set enabled all disabling.  That didn't fix the errors on validation.

Here is the link to the validation:
http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fbaylissgallery.com%2F&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=Inline&ss=1&group=0&verbose=1&user-agent=W3C_Validator%2F1.3+http%3A%2F%2Fvalidator.w3.org%2Fservices

Anyone have a suggestion how to get this errors corrected so the page validates 100%?

Luke

Re: [Moo] Bad value for attribute rel

Dimitar Christoff
well. rel is not a valid attribute for an iframe. nowt to do with Mootools or even javascript.

rewrite to data-attrname to pass validation and update scripts that read it. though, validation in HTML5 is kind of meaningless.

On Wednesday, April 8, 2015, Luke Douglas <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

"JavaScript is to JAVA what hamster is to ham"
@D_mitar - https://github.com/DimitarChristoff

Re: [Moo] Bad value for attribute rel

Luke Douglas
Dimitar,

I'll pass along your recommendations to the developers of the Joomla add-on's.  However, your statement "validation in HTML5 is kind of meaningless" is mute when clients require that sites validate 100% and I do have clients that demand it.

Luke